Every penny of the Community Economic Development Investment Fund (CEDIF) monies invested through New Dawn stays in Cape Breton.
Community Economic Development Investment Fund (CEDIF)
1. New Dawn CEDIFs have paid dividends every six months since 2006.* New Dawn CEDIFs have paid $1,200,000 in dividends to New Dawn CEDIF investors.
2. Every penny of the CEDIF monies invested through New Dawn stays in Cape Breton. New Dawn does not engage with third party investment or wealth management groups.
3. Investments in a New Dawn CEDIF are eligible for a 35% non-refundable provincial income tax credit. On a CEDIF investment of $1,000 this means a $350 tax credit.
4. CEDIF investments are RRSP eligible. If you designate your CEDIF as an RRSP you qualify for additional federal tax credits of approximately 30%.** On an RRSP-designated CEDIF investment of $1,000 this means a potential combined federal-provincial tax credit of $650 in the first year of your investment.
5. Investments rolled-over (reinvested) after five years qualify for an additional 20% non-refundable provincial tax credit if the CEDIF meets certain conditions. After ten years, investments qualify for a further 10% non-refundable provincial tax credit (again, if the CEDIF meets certain conditions). On your original investment of $1,000 this means an added $300 tax credit or a prospective total of $950 in tax credits over fifteen years. These tax credits are above and beyond dividends and your original investment.
6. New Dawn is home to the most successful CEDIF program in Nova Scotia: $11 million invested in Cape Breton over the last ten years.
7. New Dawn CEDIFs are invested in a range of businesses and business activities. This contributes both to a diverse and resilient local economy and to the security of investments.
8. New Dawn CEDIFs have a 100% redemption rate. New Dawn is committed to meeting all requests for return of original investments.
9. There are no annual management or initial investment fees for New Dawn CEDIFs.
10. All New Dawn Innovation Fund investments are reviewed and approved by the New Dawn Innovation Fund board and must meet the Fund’s lending criteria.
THIS CEDIF OFFERING MAY BE A HIGH RISK INVESTMENT. THIS OFFERING IS MADE THROUGH AN OFFERING DOCUMENT, WHICH CAN BE OBTAINED FROM AN AUTHORIZED SALES AGENT (Leonard Murray, New Dawn Innovation Fund Limited, PO Box 1055, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Phone (902) 539-9560 Ext 240). THIS OFFERING CONSTITUTES AN EXEMPT OFFERING OF THESE SECURITIES ONLY IN NOVA SCOTIA BY AUTHORIZED SALES AGENTS. INVESTORS SHOULD READ THE OFFERING DOCUMENT BEFORE MAKING AN INVESTMENT DECISION.
*Past performance does not indicate future results
**Assumes a marginal tax rate of 30%